header photo

Saturday, September 12, 2009

LED Accent Lighting

Today I built a LED light strip to be placed above the cabinets in by kitchen. I constructed it out of:

  1. Blue piranha High flux LEDs (from www.superbrightleds.com)
  2. 150 ohm 1/4W resistors
  3. Radio Shack 6, 7.5, 9, 12V AC to DC adaptor
  4. Assortment of wire from Radio Shack


It turned out pretty good I must say. Except for the part were the LEDs are angled in all sorts of directions making an non uniform pattern on the ceiling. Take a look and tell me what you think.

 
LEDs on top of cabinets. 2 LEDs per cluster, separated by equal amount of wire.

 
LEDs with room lights on.

 
LEDs with lights off.
I completed the build in about 2 hours. Now its time to stop being sidetracked and work on my other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment