header photo

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Debadging

So today I got bored and decided to debadge my 2003 Toyota Matrix. To debadge essential any car you only need three things:
  1. dental floss ( fishing line works too)
  2. Bug and tar remover
  3. old credit card
Essentially all one has to do is to cut through the adhesive holding the badge on by  using dental floss. Sliding it back and forth does the trick.



Then all it takes is a lot of patience, a old credit card, and bug and tar remover to get all the sticky junk off.



Finally  after about 2 hours, 4 mosquito bites, and a couple of soar fingers,



... the advertisements are gone! Except for that Toyota symbol because that void would look funny if it wasn't there... I'll have to come up with something creative! It was pretty easy to do except for a tiny little spot that I might have to get a clay bar or something else to get it out with. Oh well, I think it looks nice!

1 comment: